Tuesday, April 28, 2009

all bitten up

It started with 4.
4 spider bites.
For the first time in a year of living here, my first spider bites while sleeping here.
And then there were two more.
AND THEN, today, I wake up with nearly a dozen new bites!
I'm thinking that Mr. Spider must have brought a friend along last night.

Why?
Perhaps because I haven't been very creative lately. Spider medicine is partially about creativity. So I'm thinking these spider bites are to motivate some creativity, or at least to remind me not to ignore my creative urges.

Or maybe those spiders feasted upon me simply because I'm so sweet.

I don't know.

But I do know that I'm itchy. And maybe that's all I need to know; maybe I don't need to analyze it-- Or maybe I do! Maybe it's my nature to analyze, since I'm a Virgo. Or maybe all that Virgo stuff is a bunch of garbage that's just programmed me to believe certain things about myself that don't necessarily need to be true. But maybe it is true. What is truth? Is it anything more than a belief?

No comments:

Post a Comment