Friday, July 19, 2013

What I Really Meant to Say on Facebook

Here's what I really wanted to say in my update:

I'm sick of assholes, and I have no interest in superficial bullshit. I just don't have the time or the tolerance for it. And are people really so overwhelmed and busy these days that they can't take less than 20 seconds to reply to a text or email with a "thnx" or a "yes" or a "no" or a "maybe," or do they just not care? I just don't even understand this phenomenon of a general lack of consideration, lack of responsiveness and lack of communication skills. I've had it. I am fed up.

But since I can't stand it when people bitch and moan in FB status updates-- in fact, when I see someone complaining, I almost always go straight to settings and hide that person from my newsfeed. Do I care about you hating your cold that you've had for 7 days? No. Try asking for some healing vibes or something instead. Do you think saying "I hate this, I hate that" is gonna do any good? No. 

And now I feel like a hypocrite, cuz so far writing this negative bitch and moan blog entry feels pretty damn good. It's true. It does feel good to complain and spew anger and frustration every once in a while. But earlier, I just didn't want to go there. I just couldn't stand the thought of being someone who writes "I'm sick of assholes" as her status update, even though it is absolutely TRUE.

But it's not even what I'd originally planned on. In fact, I was sort of going to praise the assholes of my past. You see, I had sat down at my desk to work on my book, but allowed myself to get sucked into the vortext of Facebook instead. I was just going to take a few minutes to post this picture:

 And I was just gonna comment on that although I like that quote, I don't really believe in should's and if it weren't for all the poor behavior of others (and myself at times), I wouldn't have such juicy stories to write. But then that led me to thinking about assholes and all the tough and painful lessons I've attracted over the years, which eventually led me to thinking about what it is I'd prefer to attract instead.


So? Instead I posted this status update about what I want in my life rather than what I don't want in my life. Although part of being a Truth-seeker and a Truth-teller is facing the shadow and being honest about negativity, I do believe in putting more emphasis on the light and the positivity, both in a public forum and in one's own mind. Words have power. So here's how I turned it around: 

I welcome those who treat themselves and others with kindness, Love, and respect. I welcome those who show up, who do what they say they're going to do, who know how to prioritize, and who know when to say "no" as well as when to say "yes." I welcome those who communicate well with directness and clarity and kindness all at the same time. I welcome those who can handle hearing the Truth as well as speaking it. I welcome those who know and practice the power of forgiveness. I welcome those who face fears and challenges with courage, humility, and grace. I welcome those who strive for authenticity and transparency. I welcome those who have an abundance mentality and are solution-oriented. I welcome those who can be both honest and gentle with themselves and others when not living up to these ideals. I welcome those who, by example as well as through Love and acceptance, help me continue to be one of these people I welcome.

 And although that's all nice and true, and I do believe it will work some necessary magic, right now, after reading that here, the truth is that it actually feels better to just laugh it all off and say, "I'm sick of assholes! And I'm tired of bullshit." 

That's all folks! Peace out.


© 2013 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment