Sunday, June 14, 2009

Friday

Woke up Friday morning with 2 questions: What am I passionate about? What are my dreams? Rolled out of bed, turned on my iPod to listen to the contemplations of Awakening the Soul. Sat in a chair. Practiced Awakening the Soul. Felt the qi moving my arms as I opened my heart.

Walked out of my bedroom with a smile and sense of peace. Put on some red sunglasses and walked a few blocks to Safeway to buy myself some roses.

None of the bouquets had all the colors I wanted, so I walked a few more blocks to The Market. Their roses were dirty, but their blueberries were on sale. I bought some, and as I waited in line to pay, Steve Miller's dance, dance, dance song was playing. This reminded me of high school, when I used to listen to Steve Miller. This also reminded me of the questions I woke up with.

Dance, dance, dance. As a little girl I used to dance all the time. Dreamed of being a dancer. Recently I've been dancing again. More and more.

I walked back to Safeway and bought myself some roses. As I waited in line, I noticed a repetitive chorus that was something like, "Say what you want, say what you want, say what you want." Or maybe it was "say what you say." I don't know. But the message I got was to speak up, to speak out. To communicate. To share my stories. To share my thoughts. And again I thought of the questions I woke up with.

I walked home thinking about dancing and movement and speaking and writing. But instead of dancing or writing when I got home, I took a rose petal bath and then took myself to a movie.

I went to see the movie "Up." My friend said that her dad said it was depressing. Something about an old man letting most of his life pass by before finally going after his life-long dream. I thought I might find it inspirational, like a kick in the butt to get moving before I'm an old lady wishing I had done this or done that.

Hmmmm....As I write that I smile as I realize that there are so many things I have already done! So many adventures and risks and experiences. So many accomplishments. So many lessons. So much growth. Already. So much. I smile again.

So, so what that I haven't written a book yet-- yes, that's it, one of the main things I've always wanted to do. I'll do it. I'm doing it. This summer. It's happening.

1 comment:

  1. I am smiling as I see that you did not end your post in:

    "or not."

    Hug to you.

    LL

    ReplyDelete