Saturday, December 12, 2009

the word "tolerate"

i don't like it.
after posting that blog entry a little while ago, the whole tolerance and intolerance thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

tolerate means "to put up with." ugh. yuck. that's yucky.
how about "accept" instead?

yeah, if beech helps me tolerate, i don't want it. but it helps me accept, well, that's a good thing.

or am i being too intolerant of this word?

maybe i'm just in denial. maybe putting up with certain things and people is a part of life. but with an attitude adjustment, it wouldn't be "putting up with." it would be something else. something more positive. and why not choose to experience life in a more positive way? it's still important to acknowledge and feel the yuckiness, the negative, the dark, etc. but....hmmmmm.... can you accept something but not put up with it? can you put with something but not accept it? hmmmmm......



© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.lauralavigne.com/Tolerations.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! When did you write that?! I swear I hadn't seen it.... Or had I??

    ReplyDelete