Thursday, May 21, 2009

i'm free, i'm free!

I canceled my internet service today, and it feels so liberating.

When the customer service representative asked me why I was canceling, I said I just need to not have internet, at least for the summer.

"You want to get outside more?" she asked.

Not necessarily. But yes. Sure.

"I just want to get offline," I said, "and I lack the willpower!" we both laughed, "so I need to remove the temptation!" more laughter on both ends.

"Ok, you're disconnected," she said.

"You mean I can't go online anymore?" I asked hopefully and excited.

"That's right," she laughed at me, or with me, again.

"GOOD! Thank you."

And when I got off the phone, I felt so happy, so jazzed up from canceling and from the funny conversation, that my first thought was, "I've gotta post a blog entry on this!"
But I couldn't! Because I didn't have internet anymore. So I went to check out a Salsa Aerobics class down the street instead. And it felt good. It felt good to get out of my house and be around other people while moving my body and not being the teacher. Just having fun. Feeling free, so free, and more connected than before disconnecting from the internet.

And now here I am at the library with my laptop for my limited internet time, and it is great. [sigh of relief]

No comments:

Post a Comment