Monday, July 27, 2009

Clothing is so overrated!

I'm going for a walk out to the marina. It's hot out. I'm hot. I'm wearing linen pants and a tank top. I feel a slight breeze as I walk along the water. I want to feel it more. I want to take off my clothes. And not even because of the sun beating down on me. But because I want to feel free again. And I don't want to hide. I don't want to hide this body of mine. This body that's been through so much. I don't want to hide my scars anymore.
I feel so restrained by this clothing I wear. I've become hyper-aware of the clothing I wear, and I think I'd be happier living somewhere that doesn't make such a big deal about nudity. A place where I could walk around naked if that's what I wanted. And without it being a big deal. Just natural. Free. Accepted. Beautiful. Comfortable. Where is this place? Out of the country? Must I leave the states? Or join a nudist camp? It pisses me off that I can't walk around naked outside of my home unless I'm somewhere designated as "clothing optional." I never thought I'd feel this way. But after a weekend at a clothing optional campsite, I'll just never be the same. And it saddens me that I hesitate even to post this blog, or to tell certain people about my experience and how I feel.

© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.  

2 comments: