Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Surrendering

Today I am smiling.

It's been awhile since I've felt this way.

Actually it hasn't been that long. But it sure felt like it.

The past couple of weeks were a bit rough. But as always, I'm settling in and moving through it. I think I'm finally learning about and truly accepting cycles. Rather than being surprised or disappointed or otherwise upset by bumps in the road and downward spirals, I'm beginning to really trust that it's just part of the fullness of life. And I can handle it. Without even trying. Perhaps it's the trying that gets in the way. Perhaps it's better to just get out of the way. That's something I've been learning over this past year. And sometimes I get out of the way, and sometimes I'm tempted to interfere, to force things. But I'm learning more and more that I can't force anything. And deep down I don't want to. I just want to be. And so I am.

Once again, I surrender.

© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment