Wednesday, July 8, 2009

thinking of....

written last night....

It happens often. I’ll be thinking about someone, and then they call. And/or I’ll be thinking about something, and then that something’s mentioned. It happens often. But today was off the charts. One after another.

First, I check my email in the morning and see a newsletter from Kert’s sister. With Kay visiting I’ve been thinking of him more than usual, and although his sister is not him, I’ve decided this counts. Mostly it counts though because of what the newsletter referred to. It referred to putting life on “pause.” And just yesterday I sent an email to Laura saying I wish I had a pause button. This newsletter reminded me that I do. I have several.

Second, yesterday I was getting excited to see Daniel. Not my brother. My friend and former tai ji teacher. I was getting excited to see him in March at a qigong teacher training even though I don’t know if we’ll both be there. I was remembering when he visited me at my parents’ house on Mercer Island and how I’ve been encouraging him to come up here to visit Fidalgo Island. And then today on his Facebook status, I see that he is visiting an island. Well, not really an island. A mountain. A mountain that pretends to be an island when it’s cloudy. Island Mountain. That’s where Heartwood is. It’s not here. But still, the whole island thing and him traveling somewhere, well, I decided that this counts.

Third, I take a trip down memory lane by listening to a track on Blake Lewis’s album. I used to help out his drummer, Kevin Sawka with some promotional stuff when he was on my brother’s record label. So I’m thinking about Kevin, who I haven’t seen in months. And then I go to the library, and I have an invite in my inbox to one of his shows. Sure it wasn’t a personal invite; he sent it to everyone. But still, it counts.

Fourth, this morning thinking of Daniel got me thinking about my old Heartwood T.A. and friend Christina. Wondering if she’s back from Alaska. Back in this area. Wondering why I haven’t heard from her since emailing her. And then this afternoon I see that she replied today. This definitely counts.

And finally, this afternoon I was thinking about my old friend Anshu. She’s moved back from New York for the month. She got in on the 4th. I was thinking about how I hadn’t heard from her yet. She hadn’t even replied to my email a couple of weeks ago suggesting we get together this weekend when I’m in Seattle taking Kay to the airport. Then I go to the library to check my email. I make tentative plans and definite plans for after taking Kay to the airport. Then I return home to a message from Anshu. This definitely counts too.

Those first two examples were iffy, but after the ones that followed, I decided they counted. Obviously, or I wouldn’t have written about then.

So what’s next? Who’s next? Is it over? For now?

© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment