Saturday, October 17, 2009

Instead of Reston, part 2

Friday. In Reston, the Waves of Consciousness workshop started. Continuum AND CranioSacral Therapy. Together. Emilie Conrad and Suzanne Scurlock Durana. I feel a twinge of anxiety over missing out on spending 5 days with these two amazing women. But that's ok. I'll go another time. Or I won't. Doesn't matter.

Despite that little twinge, I'm still so happy that I canceled. I thought I might spend Friday and today doing my own little workshop, spending hours with Full Body Presence, Continuum, and Qigong. But no.

I did start my day with Zhongtian Yiqi, the non-moving form of Sheng Zhen Qigong. Although I think of this form as somewhat of a foundation for the other forms, I rarely practice it. But now I just might be hooked. It was amazing. I'm not so sure I spent much time meditating, but while listening to the c.d. I experienced some intense releases and realizations about my body and self-healing. I don't even remember clearly enough now to share. But it was moving and powerful.

I felt inspired to write afterwards, but my hunger got the best of me. And then I went shopping. All day. This is not a common occurrence for me, to spend the whole day out shopping, but that's what I did. So much for the solo-workshop idea! Instead I got the zipper fixed on my favorite coat. It's been waiting for me to do that for, oh, I'd say at least a year, maybe two. I also got some things for house projects, like hooks and a curtain rod, and a duster. How this took my whole day, I do not know. Oh, because I also looked at Halloween costumes--

This blog is boring me. Is it boring you?

Too bad I didn't write yesterday morning when I was so inspired. Maybe it will come back to me. Surely it will.....

Oh, something fun that happened was the Jazz Walk last night. I was lying around in my pajamas, thinking I wouldn't go. But then I realized how crazy that would be. How many times have I complained about there not being much to do here, and then when there is I'm not going to go? Crazy. So I went.

Walking down the street in the rain, wondering if I'd feel strange "going out" in Anacortes. It's such a rare occurence. And alone?! Well, I figured I'd run into people I know. Not friends, but clients and acquaintances. And I did. And it wasn't strange.

First I saw Thomas Marriott trio. He was in jazz band with my brother in high school. I wasn't crazy about the music; it was ok. But I stayed for quite a long time because I was enjoying the swiveling stool at the bar. It allowed me dance in my seat even better than in a typical stationary stool or chair. I was one of the only people "dancing." I wish more people would dance more often. Then again, for so many years, for most of my life, I was one of those people feeling frozen and locked in, self-conscious, dis-connected, inhibited.

What a relief to be free. And I know that even more progress, more blossoming, unraveling, more full body/mind/spirit aliveness lies ahead.


© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment