Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Instead of Reston, part 3

Instead of Reston on Saturday, I rested. Slept in, ate breakfast, slept some more. Hibernated. It was pouring rain, and it felt good to stay in and not do much. I didn’t even write. I thought I would. I thought I’d spend at least a day just focused on writing during these days of vacation at home. But no. And eventually I got off of my couch, out of my pajamas, into a cocktail dress, and out the door to attend a “formal attire” party down several blocks away. It was fun. I met some new people. I met a woman who said she sometimes just stares at my ad’s picture in the Clamdigger; she said it’s so inviting. And she wasn’t hitting on me. And she assured me a few times that she wasn’t stalking me. We had a long conversation about career transitions and CranioSacral Therapy. It was good. After a couple of hours I left, unsure of whether or not I’d go to the Jazz Walk again, knowing I needed to go home and check in. And when I got home, I knew it was time to get back into bed and sleep again, and so I did.

Instead of Reston on Sunday, Reston came to me. Reston came to me in the form of a new man in my life who happens to be from there. What a strange coincidence. And it’s only one of several synchronicities and such that have come up while getting to know this man over the past couple of weeks. Sharing the same birthday is one of them. I’ve never met anyone ever with the same birthday. Everywhere I go and everyone I meet, all types of relationships provide mirrors, but spending time with someone who has the same birthday as me takes the whole mirroring thing to another level. So if astrology is b.s., well then, I don’t know how to explain…. Maybe just more coincidences and synchronicities regardless of birthdays? Maybe just a heightened awareness and seeking out of such things? Who knows. Doesn’t matter. But it sure is interesting. And fun. And easy. And rich.

And instead of Reston on Monday, I thought I’d go to a movie in the afternoon. But instead a friend came over for a little healing touch. I thought I’d go to a movie after she left, but instead went out for hot chocolate with another friend. And we ended up discussing what it might be like to collaborate on a workshop or two, combining her life coaching programs with my Sheng Zhen Qigong instructions and some guided meditation. Very exciting. And then I thought I might go for a walk, but instead just walked a few blocks to the library to check my email, and on my way there got a text from another friend who was at the library and wondering if I wanted to go for a walk. YES! So in the flow. Funny to see my three main Anacortes lady friends all in one day, one after the other. Funny that I still haven’t made it to the movie theatre since my first attempt on Thursday. I’d say maybe today or tomorrow, but one of the things I’ve learned by not going to Reston is how to stop planning— no, no, that’s a lie! Too extreme. I’m not there yet. What I’ve learned though is how to observe those ideas and plans passing through my head while being open to something else arising spontaneously, organically. More authentic. More full and in the natural flow of things.

And now I’m off to Seattle for a couple of days. Although I do have an appointment today and two appointments tomorrow, I actually have less planned out for Seattle than usual, and it feels really, really good…..


© 2009 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment