Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Santa Cruz, days 1 & 2



Woke up this morning in Santa Cruz, to the sound of the rain, yes, rain! And lots of it. Pouring down, all around this roundhouse deep in the woods. When I look out the windows, all I see is green. And mist. Like being in gigantic treehouse. I love it here. And it's not just the house or the scenery; it's the the love and affection, the conversation, the laughter, the food, the qi, all flowing so freely.

Deb and I drove down yesterday, from Half Moon Bay. Actually, from Princeton, but Half Moon Bay sounds better, and they're neighbors, so whatever.....We drove down to Santa Cruz after a yummy breakfast of miso soup and mochi, and a long-awaited practice of Kuan Yin Sitting Qigong. We used to practice this together super early in the mornings, before Tai Ji, at Heartwood. When I practice this form alone, I often feel Deb with me in spirit. So good to actually be practicing together again.

And when we arrived in Santa Cruz, we were pleasantly surprised by our friends' home: a beautiful red round house in the woods. A warm welcome from Tangelina. Word was not home, but returned home soon. Deb whipped up some lunch for us. And the day was spent much like the previous day: eating healthy delicious nourishing food, lounging, and talking. Lots of laughter. Lots of love. I felt I was at home. So grateful to be here.

Another night of lots of dreams, waking up frequently to the pouring rain rather than the fog horn, but always falling back to sleep. Eventually got up for good, meditated seated, and then stood up to practice Kuan Yin Standing. Lots of qigong being practiced in this house. I could feel others' practices later in the morning. Inspired to line up some spring qigong classes, I took care of some business after breakfast.

AND THEN, I went out for the day. First to meet with Copperwoman, an amazingly inspirational singer/songwriter I had met in August. I went to her house, which happened to be close to where I was staying. We shared some of our stories, had some rich conversation, and then she fed me some lunch-- funny; before I came to California, I had a feeling that food and meals were going to be a huge part of the nurturing aspect of this trip, and I was right. She also gifted me with a c.d. I don't have yet. Looking forward to listening to it!

After visiting with Copperwoman, I went into town to meet with Fa Jun, formerly known as Christien, for more catching up and rich conversations. We covered all the basics: where we're living, business, relationships, spirituality, money, what else? Oh, that reminds me; last night I sat in on a women's phone conference/meeting, and the topic was money. Interesting stuff to hear and share varying experiences and perspectives on money.

I had some revelations that I'm not going to share here and now. But I am grateful for the conversations that contributed.

Said goodbye to Fa Jun, and walked down the street to the movie theatre. Thought it might be good to zone out, after so much condensed rich social interaction! But instead I went shopping, and within twenty minutes, the ladies I'm staying with called and said they were at that movie theatre about to see "Imaginarium," and so I joined them. So in the flow. And what a trip that movie was. Not sure it was much of a zone out, but that's ok. I'm about to zone out by going to sleep.

As I read back over this I want to write more about the specifics of today's conversations. But I'm just too wiped out, which is why this is mostly just a summary of the day without much depth....

   © 2010 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment