Friday, January 15, 2010

Santa Cruz, days 3 & more

The past 5 days have been like a dream. A very good dream. What happened on Day 3 in Santa Cruz? I went for a walk with Word and was in awe of all the green. Green, green, green everywhere. I laughed as I remembered that I brought my green color therapy glasses. Usually I travel with red. And usually I never even use them! But I thought it was funny that I brought my green glasses. Who needs green glasses when there are forests to walk through and loving friends to help heal and open the heart?

After the walk, I received a Medical Qigong/Acutonics/CranioSacral session from Word. Lots of energy flowing, and I learned a new qigong and healing sounds exercise for the health of my gall bladder. The sound is “Shu,” which made me laugh because I often think , “Shhhhhh” when my liver and gall bladder get over-stressed with planning and decision-making.

After the session, I decided not to go run errands with Word and to just lounge around and integrate the session until 6-ish when a couple of other ladies arrived at the house for a New Moon Gathering. It was a sweet gathering, just 5 of us, discussing astrology and sharing our intentions. We sat in a circle on the floor and used rose quartz as the talking stone. It reminded me of Heart Circle, which would happen once a week at Heartwood. It was one of the things I missed after leaving Heartwood, that weekly check in, speaking from the heart, witnessing and being witnessed.

The only challenge for me was the sitting; my back was experiencing a lot of physical and energetic shifting around, thanks to the earlier session. After the share, we did some eye-gazing. I noticed that I no longer feel uncomfortable with that exercise itself (and man did I used to!), but I felt my body shutting down, needing sleep, and so I listened to my body and stretched out on the ground instead of finishing the 2nd round of eye-gazing. It felt good to listen to myself. To not force it. This was in line with one of my intentions, which was/is to do what’s really best, not to let a sense of obligation or what other’s might think influence me. But to really be in integrity and honor my voice of inner-knowing.

The next day I thought I’d leave Santa Cruz and spend a night alone. Wasn’t sure where. Thought I might even drive to L.A. rather than fly. I drove Word an hour south to Monterey, dropped him off, and ended up at the beach in Carmel. I stretched out in the sand and listened to the waves. Soaked up some sun. Again, I listened to my body. My body was requesting stillness. And a massage. And so I found myself back at the round house in Santa Cruz.

Tangelina came in right after I arrived. We laughed over my attempted escape from “the vortex.” I shared with her how traveling South always feels so much easier than traveling North, and she said that’s what the Ents say. Ents? She explained and showed me a clip on YouTube from the 2nd Lord of the Rings. Ents are talking trees! I loved being in agreement with talking walking trees. So cool, right? We made a plan to watch Twin Towers that night. But first a massage!

And so I received an amazing massage from Tangelina. So glad I didn’t go to some random place in Monterey or Carmel. So glad I went back to Santa Cruz. Tangie has a great touch and energy. Plus she included belly and breasts, which so rarely get attention during massages. There was some intense sadness and grief coming up with my lower abdomen (my intestines and lack thereof), and we moved through it. One of the other highlights of the session was when she standing at my feet, not touching me, and I felt this spiral of energy and opening in my chest. I asked her if she had just done something hands-off. It turned out that she had put “etheric” acupuncture needles into my Kidney 1 points on my feet and twisted them a little. When she said that, I realized that where I felt the spiraling and opening was on the Kidney meridian and the extension of the meridian. Sweet!

Never did watch a movie, as someone arrived for a sort of follow-up to the New Moon Gathering. But we snuggled and laughed, and laughed some more. Good times indeed. So grateful to have spent some more time with this lovely lady. And the other ladies of the Round House. And of course with Word. And Fa Jun too. Hooray for another home away from home!

And now onward to another one or two in L.A. with my old college housemates, and their families, before I dive into the depths of the Continuum Movement retreat.


© 2010 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. You communicate loving compassion for yourself so clearly - thanks for this intimate self-portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bruce! I appreciate the feedback. And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete