Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who Doesn't Love a Good Pat-Down?


I love airports and could write a lot about why. And maybe I will some other time. But right now I just want to share that I especially have come to enjoy going through security.

I always opt out of walking through those bigger n' badder x-ray scanners that many airports have now. Why on earth would I walk through them if kids aren't supposed to? And why on earth would I choose more radiation over getting a pat-down?!

I do recognize that there are TSA workers out there abusing their power, and there are people out there who have experienced molestation at the airport and/or in their past. So I do understand that not everybody is going to love a pat-down; it could be scary or cause discomfort or even actually end up violating you. But fortunately I have no reason to be uncomfortable with them and have never had any issues with those assigned to pat me down.

In fact, I like pat-downs.

I get to hold my arms out as if practicing qigong, specifically Sheng Zhen Gong's Love Descends on Me, while receiving what feels like a super fast and short body/energywork session. The touch has never felt invasive or inappropriate or negative in any way.

I even realized a few pat-downs ago that it felt sort of like being smudged! At least that's how I've been choosing to experience it, as a clearing, as a blessing even, for the journey ahead of me.

And why not? We might as well make the most of it. We might as well enjoy and have fun at the airport and other places, and in other situations, that are usually perceived as stressful.

You have a choice. It's up to you. Use the power of your mind, the power of belief. Use your imagination. Choose humor. Choose contentment. Let go of worries. Relax and play. Choose acceptance. Choose gratitude.
Choose how you want to walk through this life. And then walk through the airport that way. Learn to love the pat-down. Life's just much more enjoyable that way.



© 2012 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I love this! Savor the process. So much fear is out there; instead, we can choose to experience it as "love pats." And such a perfect cartoon you picked, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love your comment! Thank you. "love pats." i wish I had thought of that. ;)

      Delete