Monday, July 9, 2012

Messages from Earth and Eagle, with a side of Monkey-mind

Lying belly-down on the ground, head turned to one side, as if I'm listening to the earth. This is one of my favorite things. Discovered this just a few months ago. I'm almost 33.

Speaking of age, just recently I realized that I might be alive for another 70 years. SEVENTY YEARS. Especially with all the qigong I do; they say, or specifically, Dr. Oz says, if you want to live to be 100, practice qigong. I'm not a big Dr. Oz fan, other than that I'm a fan of anyone who promotes qigong. So thank you, Dr. Oz. And yes, 70 years. It's quite possible. And that's a ridiculously long time! So with that realization I realized that after living my life with more of an attitude of that every day could be my last, I want to see what it's like to live from this perspective of that I still have a crazy amount of time left to pursue all these numerous ideas and interests of mine. I suppose that exact same thing could happen from either perspective except for now I suddenly feel as if I potentially have so much time left on this planet that there's no limit to what I can do, especially in the context of variety. Sure it's good to focus on one thing, or maybe two ;), at a time, to follow through to completion. But if I focus on something for 1 year, 2 years, even 5 years, heck, even 10 years, that's still several different projects/careers/lives.

But that's not what I sat down to write about. I got up from lying down to sit down to write about lying down, belly down, outside, in the sun, on the grass, with elbows bent, palms down and near the head, head turned to one side, ear to the earth. Listening. Feeling. Feeling the earth, feeling the living quality of the earth. Feeling as if the earth is breathing. Or is that just me breathing? Or are we both breathing? Feeling the warmth. Feeling my body melt into the earth, feeling as if the earth gives way a bit to accommodate and cradle my body. Feeling a connection to this other form of life. It's almost as good as lying on top of another person, being held. Maybe even better. But no, just different. Each form of connection is unique and offers something the other cannot fully offer. Unless of course you view everything as one, and truly feel that, embody that, no separation, no duality, no evaluation, no preferences even--

 WOW! A bald eagle just flew into a tree nearby and is screaming like I've never heard before.  And that reminds me where I was going with this. What did I hear? What did I hear with my ear to the ground? I heard the word, "write."

It's been a few weeks since my last entry. I've been reading about screen writing, but not doing much writing. It's time to begin again though. To commit. To shit or get off the pot. And now that the weather is decent, I think that lying belly down in the ground is how I'll recharge my batteries when taking writing breaks from now on, because unlike a couch, the Earth will actually tell me when it's time to get back up and write. And so I will. And I will daily. Write. And I'll even consider what the Eagle says, which is to work smarter, not harder.

I look up in the tree now and can actually see the eagle eating a fish. Amazing! And now I'll follow her lead. It's dinner time.


© 2012 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. See the eagle glide, with almost no effort. It's completely natural, and it is magic.

    ReplyDelete