Monday, October 1, 2012

Strange Night, Cool Dreams

Last night was a strange one. I was in a Motel 6 in Fort Stockton, Texas. Less than 6 hours away from Austin, my final destination on this road trip from Seattle. Maybe it was foolish of me to watch a t.v. show with paranormal activity so late at night, or maybe the motel room was haunted. I don't know. But when I turned off the light to go to sleep, I had a strong and uncomfortable feeling that I wasn't alone. Not just that I wasn't alone, but that there was something right up in my personal space that shouldn't be there.

I turned on the light and clapped my hands for awhile in an attempt to clear the space; I've heard that works. Turned off the light again. No good. So I turned on the Cartoon Network and slept on and off through the night with the t.v. on. If there's such a thing as ghosts, apparently they don't like cartoons. And if it was all in my head, apparently my head does. Either way, it worked.

But within an hour or so of finally falling asleep, BOOM! Thunder. Lots of it. Super loud. Super close. And the sound of pouring rain. A storm.

I woke up frequently all throughout the night, but each time falling asleep again easily. And each time having a crazy cool dream. There were several. But there are two that were the most interesting and that I remember most clearly now.

One was super vivid but hard to describe. The visuals were really striking. There were a bunch of people in what looked like an airport, or an airplane, or a large ship-- something that was taking us somewhere, or about to-- but not like anything I've seen. Futuristic maybe? Other worldly? And outside was pitch black. And there was some sort of chaos out there, but everybody inside was calm and/or oblivious to it. And then I saw something out the window. It was like a hole in the black sky and inside the hole was some sort of electric activity that was hot pink. And all the blackness, all the sky, was actually spinning around this hole, maybe even being sucked into it and through it. As I write this, it sounds sort of dark and ominous. But it wasn't! It was beautiful. And fascinating. Not scary. Not dark. As I Google Image search for this, I find "electromagnetic discharge." Interesting....  I think being in Roswell at that UFO museum may have had something to do with this dream. That and the lightning storm last night.


In the other most memorable dream, I was flying through the air with dolphins. Not flying like a bird. Flying like a dolphin. Or like a cannon ball. Mostly I was in the water with them, surrounded actually, by a pod that was mostly sleeping with just a few that were active and quite lively with their swimming and "flying." It was sort of dark where we were, in a lagoon or an ocean. It seemed to be night. I wondered when I woke up if I'd only been half asleep when I had that dream, like the way dolphins dream (or so I read). Maybe it was my turn to experience something through Coral, instead of her experiencing through me. Or maybe it was just a dream! Probably.... But who knows? In my opinion, and experience, anything is possible.



© 2012 Rebecca Clio Gould. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment