Sunday, April 5, 2009

3 doors, and counting

One door closes, another opens. Or perhaps another two, or three, or more open.

Within 24 hours of canceling my April trip to Austin, my phone rang with an invitation to work at a Samish Nation health fair on the Saturday that I was going to be out of town. They had a last minute cancellation, and another massage therapist had referred me. I said I don't do chair massage, but if they couldn't find anyone else, I could bring my table. I had a feeling I'd be hearing back from them; something about the timing of the call and the date made me think this was meant to be, this was one of the reasons why I needed to stay here in April. And I did hear back, and I will be working the health fair.

Another reason was in an email someone forwarded me, inviting me to a Passover gathering in Mount Vernon. Although I'm not religious and don't even celebrate or observe the major holidays every year, Passover has always been a favorite. And this seems like a great opportunity to meet some new people.

What's behind door number 3? Well, unless I end up canceling my May trip, now I'll actually get to see another very important friend in Austin who would have been out of town next weekend!

I wonder what else will happen April 9-13....I'm thinking a full day of Sheng Zhen and Continuum is on the horizon....

No comments:

Post a Comment