Sunday, April 26, 2009

another good day

After a week of being a bit of a social butterfly, my plan for today and tomorrow was to just stay home, mostly planted on my couch or in my yard, reading. I didn't feel drained or in need of two days like this. It was just an idea.

So I started my day on my couch reading. Actually, I started my day with some gluten-free brownie batter (shhhhh! don't tell; i'm supposed to be a health-nut.).

And then I felt compelled to play dress-up. No one to see. No place to go. Just felt like getting dolled up, so I straightened some of my hair and put on some purple eyeliner, some lip gloss, some hoop earrings. It felt good. After last month's makeup ban, I've been coming to realize that part of the fun and joy of being a girl, and being a woman, is to do our hair, put on make-up and jewelry, get dressed up. It's not something I want to do all the time or put much time and energy into on a regular basis. But this is part of the fullness of life. Part of expressing my femininity. And if feels damn good!

So after playing dress-up, although I thought I was all dressed up with no place to go, I found out that my friends in Seattle were going to a show tonight. Since I don't have any work tomorrow, I figured why not go down to Seattle?! :)

After talking to my friends on the phone and making some Seattle plans for tomorrow, I read some more while sitting outside.

Then I went for a walk across the street to a garden arts fair. I ran into a man from Guemes Island. He and his wife lived near me when I lived there. He offered me a free bead. I picked one out, and he turned it into a necklace for me. I continued down the street to an antique shop to buy a wooden mermaid I can keep in my pocket.

When I returned home, I cooked some salmon and steamed veggies, and my friend came over for a short walk. We talked about relationships and traveling.

After she left, I enjoyed another conversation on the phone.

Now I am going to Seattle to dance the night away, and then spend tomorrow with my mom after getting a massage from one of my favorite massage therapists.

[sigh]

Man, I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment