Friday, January 30, 2009

Bump it

That's the name of a hair styling product that has an annoyingly repetitive, hyperactive, saleswoman-on-crack commercial. Bumpits, to be precise.

It's also what I've been doing the past couple of days, as in bumping into things. 

Yesterday I slid off of my stool and bumped my bum. This morning I woke up disoriented when my alarm went off and bumped my head into the nightstand by the bed. And this afternoon, I bumped my back into the corner of a piano when standing after bending down to pick something up. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?             

I don't know.  I'm just glad I didn't bump into the car that cut me off on my drive home just now. And I'm glad I bumped my head between my eyes, instead of poking my eye out. And I guess it's good that my hand absorbed the shock of my fall off the stool since my tailbone's still recovering from last year's Halloween fall. Typically I'm not so clumsy; falls and bumps don't happen so often, but when they do, they seem to happen big and frequently in a short amount of time. I guess that's why I think it must mean something. Must be some sort of message. Usually the analysis is crystal clear to me. But not this time. None of the usual analyses fit, and my brain hurts thinking about it.

[sigh]

Actually, my head really does hurt from falling off my stool. The impact traveled up through my wrist, elbow, shoulder into the right side of my occiput.  Too bad my craniosacral class was LAST weekend instead of this weekend.....

I'm gonna go curl up in a ball, or perhaps stretch out and unwind, on the couch now. Hopefully I won't bump into anything else on my way there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment