Monday, January 19, 2009

I crack myself up....

I just checked my voicemail and heard this message:

"Hi, Rebecca. It's Rebecca. Ummmm, I'm calling to tell you that I just spent $24.26 filling up a tank of gas, but the receipt didn't print out. [pause] I love you, beautiful! Bye!"

Ha!

I am laughing at myself.

This is the 2nd message like that I've left for myself in the past week. And I love it!

It started after reading that new favorite book of mine, "The Mastery of Love." And while all excited about rediscovering my self-love, I told someone that I was going to start writing love letters to myself. She said I might not want to broadcast that. But why the heck not?!!??!?!

Whether somebody else is loving us and praising us or not, we should always love and praise ourselves, first and foremost. Otherwise, we put our happiness in the hands of others, put off our happiness for some thing or some one else, out there, outside of ourselves. But it's all within. No need to search or seek. No need to need or want. Love and happiness are already there, inside of you.

And now I'm taking my loving happy self outside to enjoy this sunshine, even though it's tempting to write more right now, not only about the above topic, but about intention, the title of my blog, more on continuum and the thoughts triggered by a couple responses to my first posting. oh, and mold. so, more to come.... or not!

1 comment:

  1. becky! i love this blog! keep it up!

    xo
    ali

    ReplyDelete