Sunday, January 25, 2009

"for damaged hair"

I just noticed that the conditioner I use at my parents' house says "for damaged hair." I've noticed this before, but it never bothered me until now.

As I read those words, my head tilted to one side and I sort of frowned. Damaged? I'm not damaged. My hair's not damaged. And I read that book about the messages in water a long time ago and again recently, and I believe there's something to it. So having the word "damaged" on that bottle of conditioner made me wonder if the conditioner's damaged. It has that message seeping into it. So I tossed it in the trash. Where it belongs.

Why are there so many products out there telling us there's something wrong with us? And using negative words to do so?

And why are some more accepted than others? The "for damaged hair" probably helps sell that conditioner, but would skin moisturizer "for old, dead, dry face" sell? I don't think so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment