Thursday, January 22, 2009

welcome to the psychic friends network

Last night I drove down to Seattle-- Mercer Island actually-- after a super long day, and as I drove past my old elementary school off of Island Crest Way, I thought of high school. I thought of the times I spent at the playground and Dragon Park as a teenager. I thought of Chris Mulally as I drove past his driveway. I wondered if he's in Europe or just down the street. I wondered if he'd received my email, if he'd read my blog! I thought of his blog and how I used to make fun of it for documenting everything in his day, hour by hour, but that at the same time I enjoyed reading it. I was thinking about posting a blog called "Ode to Mulally." Don't ask me why. Not even sure what it would say, but I liked the sound of the title. As I continued driving, I thought of how rarely we see each other, how rarely we talk, how rarely we email. And this morning, who's name appeared in my inbox?? None other than good ol' Mulally.  This one's for you. Stay tuned for the "Ode." Or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment