Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Holy Crow! Literally....

Ok, this is getting stranger by the minute.
Last night my client exclaimed, "Holy Croatia" instead of "Holy Crow!" which led us both to believe I'll be going to Croatia this summer. But in general that doesn't feel right to me. What feels right is staying here, but going to Esalen for CranioSacral 2 the week before the Croatia training begins. We'll see. It's still a possibility. Still need more clarity. And what just happened doesn't necessarily help, at least not yet.....

So what just happened?

I went for a walk to my usual spot, and when I got to the gazebo by the beach and started to turn back to go home, I heard a voice say, "The raven told me you were coming."

A man was walking down the trail. I could only see his feet, as the rest of him was covered by the bushes. I kept walking. But the voice sounded familiar. Plus I was intrigued by the mention of a raven.

"You talkin' to me?" I asked, but kept walking.

"Yes, I'm a Native American. But I didn't mean to intrude."

"You didn't," I called back, as I kept walking, and turned back to wave. I was eager to get home and look up "raven" in my animal totem books. I wondered what it meant, and if it related to anything I was thinking about during my walk.

I also wondered if I was supposed to stay and talk to that man. And about a quarter of the way home, I turned around, went back to the gazebo, and there he was on his cell phone. The call ended just as I approached.

"Did the raven have a message for me?" I asked.

And then he proceeded to share a couple of creation stories that I won't even try to retell here. The stories and the words he used were beautiful and moved me to tears several times, each time I thought "this is why I came back, to hear this." So relevant to what's been in my heart and mind....

And although Ravens are larger than Crows, ravens are in the crow family. This association didn't even hit me until I got home, at which point I thought of my client saying, "Holy Croatia" (which would normally have been Holy Crow).

Now I don't know if the universe is trying to tell me to go to Croatia or trying to give me the opportunity to say "no. But I do know that I'm glad the Raven spoke up and that I turned back to hear what Robert EagleBear had to say. It was one of the strangest, most beautiful, and surreal experiences. I walked home feeling high as a kite but also incredibly grounded. Practiced Return to Spring, and my arms just floated, my whole being glowed.

http://www.animaltotem.com/raven.html

http://members.tripod.com/~irishpub/fauna/ravenmagic.html

No comments:

Post a Comment