Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sheng Zhen Qigong marathon part 6: Return to Spring

Ok, I think this is it. I'm not planning on adding Healing Qigong to this marathon.

During Return to Spring I wasn't fully present all of the time. I was thinking about Austin. Will I return to Austin for Return to Spring? I'd like to give myself at least a couple of weeks before even considering it. And yet here I am, thinking about the future instead of being fully present with the practice.

It wasn't until my DVD got stuck, right before the 7th movement, that I stopped thinking about the possible pros and cons of attending another qigong workshop so soon. I had to take the DVD out and put it back in. It started to get stuck again, but I got it to work, a little ways into the 7th movement, and the timing could not have been better. The contemplation was just what I needed to hear:

The meaning of life is found not only in happiness but also in sorrow. Life is sadness and happiness, separation and reunion, up and down, ebb and flow.

This didn't really help in terms of my thoughts on the Return to Spring workshop, but it helps in terms of all my ups and downs lately, my feelings of happiness and sorrow, all the separations and reunions. It was pleasant reminder of the yin and the yang, the fullness of life. It also pertained to what I was thinking of prior to Return to Spring, which was that not only do new doors open when other doors close, but sometimes closed doors open back up. What's behind those doors, whether opened, closed, or re-opened, is what remains to be seen....

No comments:

Post a Comment