Wednesday, March 11, 2009

just for fun - what a concept!

A little angel knocked on my door yesterday morning. She lives next door, but I haven't seen her in months.

I was pleasantly surprised to see her.
Notebook in hand, she looked up at me and asked, "Would you rather see Barney or Elmo on T.V?"

"Elmo," I said with a smile.

She made a mark under "Elmo" on her paper. I was the first one she had asked.

"Are you going to ask everyone in the neighborhood?" I questioned, curious about why she knocked on my door.

"I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders.

"Is this for a school report or personal report?"

"Neither," she replied.

"Oh! So it's just for fun?"

"Yep!" her eyes lit up as she smiled. She looked proud of herself.

And this lit me up inside.

For the rest of the day, and still today, I've been thinking of this little girl and the message she brought me, the reminder she gave me, which is to have some fun and lighten up. Play! Be free.

And as I write this I wonder if she even asked anybody else her question, or if perhaps she was simply a messenger, with a message just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment