Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sheng Zhen Qigong marathon Part 3: Kuan Yin Standing

After Kuan Yin Sitting, I was feeling so much more at ease that I didn't mind at all when my marathon was interrupted by a couple of phone calls and some time with a friend.

The first phone call was from an energy worker who I had emailed this morning, asking her if she might have some availability this week to help bring me back into my body. We ended up having a long discussion about the effects of traveling, especially when traveling to attend energywork classes. So much transformation. But chaos may precede transformation. And we discussed that perhaps I'm being given an opportunity to sit with myself and use the tools I already have without somebody else's help. She said something about it being likely that, because of the car accident, when I'm in chaotic situations, I may have a tendency to leave my body, going out through the top of my head. And I did leave my body twice before/during the car accident, through the right side of the top of my head. She suggested I spend some time with my hands on my head. She also thought the qigong practice would help, and it was helping, but that I need to think more about grounding than about expanding out into the universe. That makes sense to me right now.

We also talked about the importance of nurturing oneself, loving oneself, as we'd nurture and care for and love another. I realized I was hungry. Hadn't been eating enough since getting home, lacking appetite. How easy it is to slip out that state of self-love. It happens. It happens to the best of us. At least I'm aware.

So I put a ring on my finger as a reminder of my commitment to myself. My friend Deborah suggested I do something like this. Something to remind myself to practice qigong every day, no excuses. Something to remind myself that all my actions must stem from love, self-love.

And one of my acts of self-love was allowing an interruption to my qigong marathon. One of my only friends in Anacortes, or perhaps my only friend in Anacortes, asked me to run some errands with her. It felt like the right thing to do. And it was.

Now I'm back at home, and I just practiced Kuan Yin Standing. Nothing much came up during the practice, other than questioning what "hope" means. And when I finished the practice, my body went into open attention, a continuum dive standing up, and then lying down.

I think Qigong and Continuum have a lot in common, once the mind gets out of the way. The qi leads the movement in qigong, and the fluids lead the movement in continuum. No effort. No force. No thought. Just surrendering. Just allowing yourself to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment