Sunday, March 15, 2009

walking in stillness

I hear the wind blowing through the treetops, but I am still, unaffected, calm, as I walk through the thick of the forest. The sound of the wind in the trees reminds me of the ocean, and I feel myself peacefully sinking to the bottom, relaxing into the sand, still, calm, and unaffected by the waves I see above.

I can hardly believe this calmness in me, this shift, this perspective, this ability to feel so much but remain still, sitting with it, breathing with it, accepting it, befriending it, releasing it. Something's shifted in me and is continuing to shift. These past 10 days have been epic. Starting with my qigong marathon last weekend and ending with-- it hasn't ended. But so much has happened, internally and externally. I don't know where to begin. I can't believe I haven't been writing about it. I just don't know how. I don't know when. I'm too busy experiencing it. Experiencing me. No distractions. No outside influence. Just me. I don't even want to share. And yet I do. But perhaps it's just too soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment