Saturday, March 21, 2009

more old "poetry"

11/29/96

Cold shoulder
Cold day
Warm smile's gone away
Where are you compassion?
I thought you would stay


9/5/98

Throughout my life I've
Often wondered why
The majority of people lie
The majority of the time.
They may not even be aware
That they are playing truth or dare
And lying through their teeth
Trying to instill belief
In others and in their own mind
They even start believing
Their own lies half the time
If only they'd quit deceiving
And finally start believing in
Who they really are
And not who they'd like to be
Love and peace and creativity
Would flow more freely
Through you and over to me
Through me and over to you
If each and every body
Would open up to the truth

* * *

"Poetry" was never my thing....Poetic prose maybe yes, but I never felt I had a knack for writing poems or songs....Still, it's fun to experiment and revisit other forms of writing from time to time....

No comments:

Post a Comment