Wednesday, March 4, 2009

on 2nd thought....

maybe age is meaningful. maybe age matters. numbers. phases. cycles....

but the meaning and matter has shifted and deepened. no longer about expectations (my own or others') about what should be, who i'm supposed to be, do, or have.

that's one reason i left law school. and my marriage. i felt i was on a conveyor belt. my future, and the necessary steps to get there, were all laid out. but it wasn't what i wanted. it wasn't right for me.

and it may have set me back a bit, developmentally, taken some time out of the 7 year phase that's for finding what you love. or perhaps those years with my ex and in the legal field were part of that phase. perhaps i needed all of that for clarity and to set me straight and send me towards--- what? who? where? when?

grounding, centering, opening up, and trusting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment